The GM TH-700R4 is one of the most popular overdrive automatic transmissions used in street rods. And why not, you might ask-they have a 3.06:1 First gear for launching from a standstill, a .70:1 overdrive Fourth for low-rpm highway cruising, and they can be built to withstand a tremendous amount of horsepower. The 700R4 was used widely on both truck platforms and rear-wheel drive car platforms. Some of the popular trucks it was used in were the Chevrolet Blazer and Suburban and the Oldsmobile 350 diesel. This transmission was also used in the Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette, Impala, and many others.
- PART#GM TH-700R4 TRANSMISSION STAGE 1
- 117-1100Includes: Performance Overhaul with Borg Warner Frictions, High Energy 2-4 Band, 4L65 7 Count 3-4 High Energy Clutch Pack with Full Thickness Steels, MP Calibrated VB & Pump (Increases Clutch Holding Power Capacity, Cooler Flow, and Shift Firmness), Wide Support Bushings in Select Locations, New Washers and Bearings, Corvette 2nd Gear Servo, New TCC Lock-Up Solenoid and Pressure Switch, 29 Element Dual Caged Sprag, Upgraded 4L65E Low Roller Support, and Standard Depth Chrome Pan. Rated @ 400 HP/TQ
- PART#GM TH-700R4 TRANSMISSION STAGE 2
- 117-1200Includes: All upgrades of Stage 1 plus upgraded “Beast” Sun Shell and Sleeved Input Drum. Rated @ 500 HP/TQ
- PART#GM TH-700R4 TRANSMISSION STAGE 2.5
- 117-1201Includes: All upgrades listed above plus 300M Billet Input Shaft. Rated @ 500 HP/TQ (N2O Kits OK).
- PART#GM TH-700R4 TRANSMISSION STAGE 3
- 117-1300Includes: Wide 2-4 Carbon Band, Billet 4th Gear Servo, and Constant Pressure Valve Body. Rated @ 550 HP/TQ
- PART#GM TH-700R4 TRANSMISSION STAGE 4
- 117-1400Includes: All upgrades listed above plus new GM 5 pinion Front and Rear Planets, 8 Count 3-4 Frictions, Sonnax Smart Shell, and 4L70 Reaction Shaft with Bearing. Rated @ 650 HP/TQ
- PART#OPTIONAL PARTS
- 117-7000TH-700R4 Deep Aluminum Pan
117-90002.84 Gear Ratio
117-9001Billet Output Shaft