Effective January 1, 2009
What We Cover
This warranty is limited to repair or replacement of any MP Transmissions part that fails because of a defect in materials or workmanship. Implied warranty: any warranties implied by law are limited to the duration of this warranty (except in those states where prohibited by law).
Who We Cover
The original purchasing consumer.
Length Of Warranty
Limited 1 year warranty unlimited miles from the date of retail purchase to be free of defects in material and workmanship to the original retail purchaser. Note: Not warranted against normal wear, misuse or abuse.
What We Do Not Cover
- Failure of MP Transmissions product due to misapplication, improper installation or maintenance, failure to provide adequate cooling or maintain proper fluid level, misuse, abuse, unauthorized repairs, accidents, or modifications to the original design.
- Removal or replacement costs and transmission oil.
- Damage to related components.
- Costs incurred due to downtime of vehicle.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage by overheating. Note: In the event a High Stall converter is used, the transmission must be protected by a supplementary oil cooler in addition to the stock radiator type cooler.
- Damage from outside controls (tuning, MAP, TPS, VSS etc.) or electrical problems outside the transmission.
- Improper flushing of cooler lines before installation. Note: Do Not attach cooling lines to the transmission until you flush the lines, the cooler and your old torque converter (if applicable) of all contamination. Failure to do so voids the warranty.
- Damage during shipping or accident.
- Shipping cost.
Warranty Service Procedure
If you feel you have a problem and have double checked the installation and verified the correct throttle valve cable adjustment, if so equipped, we will be pleased to assist you.
Please contact MP Transmissions at: Ph: (562) 404-9307 or E-mail: email@example.com Monday -Friday, 6:00AM -4:00PM PST
It may be determined that the transmission has to be returned to the factory for evaluation. If that is the case, you will be requested to provide proof of purchase that is within the warranty period and a Return Material Authorization number (RMA) will be issued. You will ship the transmission and converter (if supplied by MP Transmissions) to the factory (less the exterior accessories; dipstick, fittings, shift lever, etc.) via common carrier, prepaid, accompanied with the original sales receipt and a clear description of the problem.
If the transmission is determined to be defective and within the warranty period, MP Transmissions will replace the unit and return it to you via common carrier, prepaid. If it is determined MP Transmissions is not at fault you will be apprised of the charges to repair (minimum inspection charges – includes gaskets, seals, and labor – $270.00) and ship the transmission. At that time we will require a payment.